Do I have to live somewhere for a certain amount of time before I’m classed as a resident?

Yes. The minimum period for living in a district before being able to give notice is 7 clear days.

If you are making special arrangements to become resident in a district for the minimum period because you usually live or work abroad for example, you can’t count the day you arrive in the district as a day of residence and you must give notice on the day immediately following a ‘qualifying period’ of residence. You must be able to produce documentary evidence that you have been resident for at least the minimum qualifying period.

Comments are closed.

  • About us

    Langtons House is a Grade II Listed 18th Century manor house. The house stands in the picturesque landscaped gardens with an ornamental lake, orangery and bath house all dating from the eighteenth century. There are four main rooms and one hall, available for a wide range of celebrations and weddings.

  • Contact Info

    Our Location:
    Langtons House,
    Billet Lane, Hornchurch
    RM11 1XJ

    01708 433155

    Havering Council