What does giving Notice of Marriage mean?

Anyone who wishes to married or form a civil partnership in England or Wales has to give a Notice of Marriage. This is a legal declaration and requires an appointment at The Register Office.

The only exception to this is if the ceremony is a Church of England or Church of Wales ceremony between two EEA or Swiss nationals, in which case church ‘banns’ are sufficient.

Comments are closed.

  • About us

    Langtons House is a Grade II Listed 18th Century manor house. The house stands in the picturesque landscaped gardens with an ornamental lake, orangery and bath house all dating from the eighteenth century. There are four main rooms and one hall, available for a wide range of celebrations and weddings.

  • Contact Info

    Our Location:
    Langtons House,
    Billet Lane, Hornchurch
    RM11 1XJ

    01708 433155

    Havering Council