2 x Proof of identification and nationality for each person.
• A valid full passport (or valid UK-issued travel document or biometric immigration document).
• And either a Valid Driving License or Birth Certificate.
If you believe yourself to be British and a Passport is not available, a birth certificate must be produced with extra ID in the form of a Driving License.
*However, if you were born after the 31st December 1982 and do not hold a British Passport you will need to produce your full birth certificate for nationality purposes.( if born in the UK between 1983 and July 2006, your full British birth certificate showing parent’s names’ plus your mother’s UK birth certificate).
*If you are not British and do not hold a current Passport or an ID card, please contact us for advice.
2 x Proof of Residential Address (from below)
• An original utility bill (not self-printed) dated no more than 3 months before the date on which notice of marriage is given (e.g. gas / electric / water / landline telephone / cable / broadband but not a mobile phone bill);
• An original bank or building society statement (not self-printed) or passbook dated no more than one month before the date on which notice of marriage is given;
• An original council tax statement (not self-printed) dated for the current year which notice of marriage is given:
• An original mortgage statement (not self-printed) dated for the current year which notice of marriage is given:
• An original current residential tenancy agreement (not self-printed)
• Valid United Kingdom driving licence (only if not being used for ID).
If you don’t live permanently in UK but are setting up residency for at least 7 days especially to give notice, you require the Council Tax Statement from the owner of the property plus a signed and dated letter from the owner or proprietor of the property where you are staying stating how long you have been staying at their property for and states their name and address.